Friday 6 November 2015

U.S. List for 1750 point tournament

Marc, my opponent in the first game of last weekend's tournament, has put together an AAR of his experience over at http://www.breakthroughassault.co.uk/2015/11/after-action-review-one-day-late-war.html. He has a number of great pictures and a nice report of our game together. I just hope I can beat him next time!

I've also put together a list for the 1750 point tournament next weekend. I realized that I (a) really didn't want to paint much more for my Americans right now and (b) needed 6 platoons.

Here is what I'm currently thinking for the U.S. side of the 2 list tournament:



I will need to buy an armoured artillery box, but I figure I can paint 4 vehicles and 2 bases of infantry in the next week or so.

I hope the artillery will allow me to put pressure on the units of Panthers that I dread with this force while allowing me a better chance to get a smoke bombardment up. The armoured mortars lose a tube, but they weren't bombarding anyone anyways. With so many MGs in the army, I doubt that a bombardment would be too necessary at AT2 FP6+.

I had to drop a single sherman to free up points. It was only a 75mm tank and it honestly didn't do much last game. It's started to make me think about the things I could do with 80 points by making the other platoon into a 3 tank platoon. A platoon of AA would probably be useful or even more recon, but more painting seems like a chore right now.

I would like to find a way to shave 5 points off the list and, together with dropping the mortar 50 cals, make my recon veteran.


No comments:

Post a Comment