Tuesday 24 February 2015

American late war tank platoon



This is a platoon of American tanks that I painted awhile back. The decals and weathering took ages, but I think that for armies such as the US where a single bland color dominates, it is essential to really add those little extras.

The 76mm and 105mm tanks are build using the plastic M4A3 box set. Battlefront did an amazing job on the set and they were a complete joy to build and paint. Having the ability to swap turrets makes the army that much more versatile. I really wish they included more stowage, but you can't have everything.

For the weathering, I found that if I took the Vallejo pumice and mixed it with a dark brown paint it would dry into a wonderful mud texture with minimal fuss. I wish it was a little chunkier, but the effect looks great from a distance and took less time than I thought it would

Unfortunately, once I painted these I got distracted and the rest of the army is sitting on the shelf waiting for the time I get in the mood to sit down and attach stars for an evening.








No comments:

Post a Comment