Wednesday 25 February 2015

King Tiger on the Prowl


This is my one and only king tiger tank. I'm always reluctant to pay an extremely large number of points for a single vehicle and truth be told he has never seen play in any of my lists. I got him with the idea that I could support my grenadier company with something that was rock solid and threatening with his large gun. However, I keep feeling that it'll be too easy to negate with smoke and manoeuvre.

Additionally, of my regular opponents one fields a 7th armoured Cromwell company that would have no issues flanking the beast and another fields an Irish Guards list with Joe Vandeleur that specializes in rushing fireflies into the sides of tanks with a re-roll to hit.

I have been looking at the Bridge At Remagan book recently and the reluctant-trained king tiger list looks like it might be a goodly amount of fun. I'm debating getting another two of these tanks and painting them in the same scheme. I'm not sure if it'll have the numbers to do much to the large number of medium tanks I see in late war, but it would look really cool.


I found this color scheme through a google search on King Tiger paint schemes. The chart below has a ton of very interesting and different schemes that were evidentially used historically. The descriptions of where and when they were used are in a Cyrillic language, but it is still a wonderful source for interesting schemes.

Here is a direct link so you can see the image larger: http://s283.photobucket.com/user/jsborges/media/TigerIIPaintSchemes.jpg.html






No comments:

Post a Comment