Monday 2 March 2015

Marder IIs

I thought I'd show off a trio of Marder IIs that I painted some time ago.

I decided that I wasn't confident of my airbrush skills to make German three-ton camouflage and I didn't want to spend ages stippling, so I would got with a more basic scheme. Since there weren't many colours, I felt that I needed to make sure the wear and tear, dustiness and decals worked together to create an interesting unit. I also added fallshirmjager crew to spruce things up and allow me to use them in a FJ army (if I ever got one).


I really love these little guys on the tabletop. They are cheap, hit hard and are unassuming enough to escape a lot of attention that a scarier looking unit might bring about. In their first game they gunned down a large number of cromwells simply because the Stugs and Panthers on the board were soaking up fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment